Friday 24 February 2012

music magazine front cover


(Final design) this is my final design for my music magazine's front cover. I changed several aspects of the design compared to my second draft firstly I decided to have the mast head with a different shade of purple with a yellow stroke simply because I felt it looked better the ultimate reason for me changing the colour scheme of the design is because music magazines in particular do not use many colours; I had the selling lines and catch lines of the designs a brighter shade of purple to stand out in contrast to the background.

I placed the gimmick in the top left hand corner to further follow the cods and conventions of music magazines as well as to fill out the page as it is the front cover that sells the magazine to its target audience.

I had text slant at different angles to make the design interesting to look at and keep the reader interested as they look around the page in the bottom left corner I have added a box that gives an short index as to what to expect to see in the magazine.

This is another convention commonly used in magazines called celebrity endorsement this is a clever way where the magazine will feature a celebrity which is very well known to add as a selling point for the magazine, this confirms with Todorov's two step flow theory where the mass media in this case the publisher of the magazine will use a celebrity to put across a view point to the target audience.

At the very bottom of the magazine I’ve added the magazine website as further advertisement also further following codes and conventions, as well as the producer of the magazine which I have situated in the bottom right hand corner
I have also added the issue number beside the masthead to add to the authenticity of the magazine.

Creating this front cover took a lot of time, effort, planning and research but doing so has allowed me to create a magazine that in my opinion follows the codes and conventions of magazines and stands well as a magazine on its own.

No comments:

Post a Comment