Wednesday 8 February 2012

stages of development part 1

(original photo)This is my original photograph of my model the location is my front garden.
I had my model pose this way to fit into the genre of hip-hop magazines as it displays her assists
I took this photograph at night in so I could use the Flash setting on the camera to highlight features of the model.
I had my model dress in leggings a loose but translucent top and heels to fit in with the genre as women in hip hop magazines reveal features of her figure

I had her dress like this and not wear less clothing as I felt that would be inapropriot and I could still get the same effect whilst having my model fully clothed



 
(edited photo) Secondly I edited the photo changing the colours my model was wearing once I decided on the colour scheme of my magazine I added jewellery to the model
I did this also to fit my model in closer relation to the design of the magazine as a whole and the hip hop genre as well.
models in hip hop music magazines are either coated in jewellery or in the case of women dressed in very little clothier which shows the model to be very revealing


This is me refining and expitimenting with different fonts, when i decided on a suitible font and name i tried the different colours at different stages

 
(Front cover development)The title pulse came from me brainstorming appropriate names for a hip hop magazine
This version is just a stage of development
I made the masthead large in font size in order to see different ways in which I could arrange it 
The image of the model has been poorly cut out but I only quickly added it to get a feel weather the magazine would work like this, I felt it didn’t so I changed various aspects of it such as the colour scheme  and location and size of the model on the design

(magazine first draft)This is me further refining the main image as well as adding selling lines and cover lines to the design in order to bring my design in closer relation to magazines in general




(original background photo) This is my original image that I have taken into photo shop this photo was taken in the day at 3 O’clock I made it black and white in order to be able to manipulate the levels of colour to fit exactly what I have in mind .
The reason I took this photo in the day was simply because I can see more of the graphic features of the wall itself
My plan with the photo is to have my model pose against it and I took photo of this suburban wall to fit in closer relation to the hip hop genre because from my research I was the backgrounds of magazines used real location .





















1 comment:

  1. I need some evaluation / analysis of the processes you are going through - You need this record.

    ReplyDelete