Wednesday 14 December 2011

Review and Feed back on Preliminary task


Once I had completed my school magazine cover I had a number of compliments as well as a number of different pieces of  constructive criticism; here is what my reviewers had to say about my design:

Christopher Sande said, "The Front cover is a good design I can see you have kept a consistent house style, I like how you have layered the text behind the head following typical conventions of school magazines; I also like the advertisement strip at the bottom of the design I see you have attempted to follow key conventions that magazines in general follow well done."
he went on to say "although I feel more information needs to be added to the design as a whole as I feel there is a lot of vacant space that could be used, also you need to bear in mind the quality of the image you are using has a large impact on the design as a whole."

he then said "As for the Contents page I can see why you have kept the design simple as most contents pages are very simplistic compared to the front cover as they have two separate objectives, but what doesn’t work in this part of the design is the colour scheme the Green doesn’t work and is a random choice of colour; to an extent it makes it look as if it’s not from the same magazine in future keep the simplicity in the design for a contents page but remember to follow the general colour scheme of the design as a whole but overall well done"

After I had listened to what my first reviewer had to say I went on to collect more reviews so I asked Mahdi Maah his views.

Mahdi Maah said, "looking at the design as a whole I personally don’t like the design and the reason why I say this is because the colour scheme in places is random and most magazine covers are uniform in terms of the colour scheme otherwise the layout and the use of key conventions such as the advertising strip at the bottom makes the design good, another thing to bear in mind Jerome is the use of font try experimenting with different font as it will give a different effect."

Taking what Mahdi Said into account I then asked a third reviewer

 Connor McCormack said, " I do think the design is good both front and back are both good but the colour scheme needs to be closer, because they look like two completely different pages from two completely different magazine but in future remember to keep a close scheme of colour and in closer relation from page to page and in future use the same ideas of having prizes featured and different adverts well done and this will be a good learning curve for you I can’t wait to see your next design"



No comments:

Post a Comment